More than thousands of blogs are being created every day, but this is not possible for many bloggers to make their blog stand out from the rest.
Let me tell you the truth about, it is possible because people want to read good content, and with good content comes more ad revenue and with more readers you can earn a passive income. Well, maybe it’s not that easy.
These tips should benefit your blog and make it more user-friendly, more easily accessible, and more content-enabled.
There are many types of blogs or purposes for blogs are available online and a certain number of tactics are applicable to just about all of them, so here is a short-list of tips for your blog to optimize and marketing a blog:
10 Best Tips for a Blog to work
- Use your own domain name. By having your own domain gives your blog a more brandable effect, It makes easier for you to stand out from the rest of the blogs on online crowd. Customize how your blog looks and fee, even a simple image header will make it work. Consider which is better- yourblog.com or yourblog.blogspot.com?
- Research for keywordswhich are suitable for your blog content. Try to know what keywords suits best for your blog and then apply it on your blog, this is to make it more easier to find on search engines.
- You must Ping Your Blog. These pinging tools are free to use you can use free blog pinging online tool such as www.pingomatic.com and www.pingmyurl.com to ping your blog. This is to let search engines know that you have just updated your blog.
- Create Feedburner account and make a feed for your blog, this helps to build your blog's readership as many people want to read a doze of every bits when your blog is updated or when you post something on your blog.
- Format archived posts, related posts. Display your old blog posts on your homepage or any page, this is to help new blog readers dig to all of your blog posts.
- Enable statistics for tracking especially Google Analytics. It tracks your blog visitors and make a data analysis of your blog's readers, and thus being able to know this data will help you on improving your blog.
- Submit RSS feed and Blog URL to prominent RSS and Blog directories / search engines.
- Request feedback or reviews of your blog in relevant forums, discussion threads. If you have a resourceful post that will help others, point to it.
- Research and comment on relevant niche related blogs and blogs with significant centers of influence. But be sure to comment as a human not like a robot.
- Post regularly on your blogs but each post must be unique and of a high quality to achieve better readership for your blog.
- Always respond to comments on your blog and when you detect a mention of your blog on another blog, give credits to that blogger in the comments of the post. It's more like building a readership plus your blogger profile.
- When making blog posts always cite the source with a link and don’t be afraid to mention popular bloggers by name. Use keywords in the blog post title, in the body of the post and use anchor text when you link to previous posts you’ve made.
- Use social networking services, forums and discussion threads to connect with other bloggers. If they like your stuff, they will link to you.
And I am sure if you are reading and following these simple but effective tips for blogs to get popularity in terms of readers / visitors, you will definitely be a popular blogger.
There might be a lot of ways as well, but the tips above are the basic ways and fundamentals on making your blog work the way you want and to make it stand out from the rest of the blog-crowd.